Prospective students must submit the university application via Cal State Apply and School of Nursing supplemental application by the following deadlines:
Cal State Apply Application Period
Spring admission: August 1 - August 31
Fall admission: October 1 - November 30
We strongly recommend that prospective students complete the Cal State Apply application as early as possible during the application period to allow time for an SF State ID number to be issued and all required university documentation, including a set of official transcripts, residency status information, etc., to be submitted, received and processed.
School of Nursing Undergraduate Supplemental Application Period
Spring admission: "New!" August 23 - September 17, 8:59 p.m. Pacific Time
The School of Nursing supplemental application for spring has changed to better align with the newly implemented NursingCAS cycle. Please adhere to the following timeline as you prepare to apply for spring entry. Late receipt of NursingCAS materials will delay and potentially preclude application review.
August 23 (First Day of NursingCAS Cycle)
- Start the application. Early application submission is encouraged.
- Request official transcripts to be sent to NursingCAS
- Graduate applicants submit reference/ evaluation requests via NursingCAS
September 17 (Application Deadline)
- Submit the NursingCAS application no later than this date. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Official transcripts must be on file with NursingCAS
- References/ evaluations for graduate applicants must be on file with NursingCAS.
Fall admission: October 15 - January 15, 8:59 p.m. Pacific Time
We recommend beginning the process early in the application period as
Step One: Submit Application to San Francisco State University via Cal State Apply
Second Baccalaureate Applicants
Prospective students who have a previous bachelor degree must apply for second baccalaureate status through the SF State Division of Graduate Studies by submitting a Cal State Apply graduate application. The program of interest/major selection must be: "Nursing (ON-CAMPUS) [Second Baccalaureate]". For details information on admission and transcript submission to San Francisco State University, please go to Division of Graduate Studies.
Submit an application for admission to undergraduate studies through Cal State Apply. Complete details concerning this portion of the process, including transcript submission, is available on the Future Students section of the SF State web site. The program of interest of interest/major selection must be: "Nursing (NON-RN) [BS - IMPACTED]".
Current SF State Students
A Cal State Apply application is not needed for current SF State students. However students who have not enrolled in SF State classes for two or more full semesters must re-apply admission to the university via Cal State Apply. The program of interest/major selection must be the appropriate first or second baccalaureate option as indicated above.
Step Two: Submit School of Nursing Supplemental Application - (All applicants)
- The following materials or requirements must be submitted through NursingCAS by the supplemental application deadline:
- Prerequisite course information
- Official transcripts from each college or community college attended. For Fall 2017 entry: Request/submit in January 2017 to include Fall 2016 grades (if necessary)
- Letter of verification for veteran or active duty military status, health related and/or multi-cultural work or volunteer experiences (optional)
- Page 1 of the TEAS Individual Performance Profile (test results)
Further supplemental application guidance and instructions are available during the application period on the Program Materials section of NursingCAS.
Frequently asked questions about the supplemental application/NursingCAS, including the Re-applicant feature, are available here.
2. The following application requirement must be sent electronically directly to the School of Nursing from ATI Testing by the supplemental application deadline:
ATI TEAS transcript (this is in addition to the TEAS results submitted thorugh NursingCAS).
- SF State/Sequoia BSN applicants must request electronic TEAS transcripts to be sent to: "San Francisco State U Cañada"
- BSN on-campus applicants must request electronic TEAS transcripts to be send to: "San Francisco State University"