Prospective students must submit the university application via Cal State Apply and School of Nursing supplemental application by the following deadlines:
Cal State Apply Application Period
We strongly recommend that prospective students complete the Cal State Apply application as early as possible during the application period to allow time for an SF State ID number to be issued and all required university documentation, including a set of official transcripts, residency status information, etc., to be submitted, received and processed.
February 1 - March 10
School of Nursing Supplemental Application Period
We recommend beginning the process and request official transcripts to be sent to NursingCas early in the application period as late applications will not be accepted.
February 1 - March 10
Step One: Submit Application to San Francisco State University via Cal State Apply
Second Baccalaureate Applicants
Prospective students who have a previous bachelor degree must apply for second baccalaureate status through Cal State Apply. Under "Extended Profile", please choose "Undergraduate" and "Seeking a Second Bachelor's Degree." From the program listing, please select "Nursing BS." For detailed information on admission and transcript submission to San Francisco State University, please go to Division of Graduate Studies.
Current SF State Students
A Cal State Apply application is not needed for current SF State students. However students who have not enrolled in SF State classes for two or more full semesters must re-apply admission to the university via Cal State Apply. The program of interest/major selection must be the appropriate first or second baccalaureate option as indicated above.
Step Two: Submit School of Nursing Supplemental Application - (All applicants)
The following materials or requirements must be submitted through NursingCAS by the supplemental application deadline. Please note that volunteer experience will get points only if it's more than 120 hours. In addition, Letter of verification needs to be on letterhead from organization(s):
- Prerequisite course information
- Official transcripts from each college or community college attended.
- Letter of verification for veteran or active duty military status
- Letter of verification for health related work or volunteer experiences (optional). Please use this health related work letter template or volunteer experience template.
- Letter of verification for Service to Underserved Community or volunteer experiences (optional). Please use this service to underserved community template or underserved community volunteer experience template.
- Letter of verification for for multi-linguistic fluency within health-related or service to underserved community experiences (optional)
- Request ATI Testing to send TEAS transcript directly to "San Francisco State University" by the supplemental application deadline.
Further supplemental application guidance and instructions are available here.
Frequently asked questions about the supplemental application/NursingCAS, including the Re-applicant feature, are available here.