AVA ELLIOTT NURSING STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP 2014
The Staff Education and Development Department at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland is pleased to offer a $ 500 award to a deserving nursing student in a baccalaureate program, interested in working at Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland upon graduation.
To apply for the award, you must submit the following:
- Completed application form: Obtain an application packet from Sarah Eydam in the Staff Education Department. You may contact her at (510) 428-3054.
- Written statement describing your career goals and why you feel you should be chosen for this award.
- Three references: one from your clinical instructor (preferably pediatric), one from a classmate, and one other.
Please return your completed application to:
Attn: Sarah Edyam, Coordinator
Staff Education and Development Department
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
747 - 52nd Street Oakland, CA 94609-1809
Who is eligible:
Nursing students interested in working at Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland and are:
- In their third or fourth year of a RN baccalaureate program or
- Enrolled in a Masters entry level RN program at the undergraduate level or
- Enrolled in other RN baccalaureate programs (e.g. accelerated program for those who currently hold another baccalaureate degree). Minorities are encouraged to apply.
This scholarship, coordinated by Staff Education and Development, is available to nursing school students. Established in 1992, the fund provides assistance with education costs related to nursing. The award is granted based upon application approval, a written statement of the student’s career goals, and academic references and is scored objectively by an evaluation committee.
When to apply:
Applications are due by January 28, 2015.
Award will be presented, March, 2015, a private meeting with CNO & Schools of Nursing Coordinator. Recipient should plan to attend.
For additional information, please contact: Sarah Eydam, Coordinator, Staff Education, (510) 428-3054