Prospective students must submit the university application via Cal State Apply and School of Nursing supplemental application via NursingCas by the following deadlines:
Cal State Apply Application Period
August 1 - August 31
We strongly recommend that prospective students complete the Cal State Apply application as early as possible during the application period to allow time for an SF State ID number to be issued and all required university documentation, including a set of official transcripts, residency status information, etc., to be submitted, received and processed.
NursingCas Application Period
August 1 - August 31, 8:59 p.m. Pacific Time
We recommend beginning the process and request official transcripts to be sent to NursingCas early in the application period as late transcripts submission and applications will not be accepted, no exception. Further supplemental application guidance and instructions are available during the application period on the Program Materials section of NursingCAS.
The following materials or requirements must be submitted through NursingCAS by the supplemental application deadline:
- Prerequisite course information
- Official transcripts from each college or community college attended
- Letter of verification for veteran or active duty military status
- Letter of verification for health related work or volunteer experiences (optional). Please use this health related work letter template or volunteer experience template.
- Letter of verification for Service to Underserved Community or volunteer experiences (optional). Please use this service to underserved community template or underserved community volunteer experience template.
Frequently asked questions about application cycle, including the Re-applicant feature, are available here.