- All prospective transfer students must be admissible to SF State in accordance with existing criteria as stated in the Undergraduate Admissions Requirements section of the University Bulletin. All prospective second Baccalaureate students must be admissible to SF State in accordance with existing criteria as stated in the Graduate Admissions Requirements section of the University Bulletin.
- Must be an incoming ADN student at College of San Mateo or City College of San Francisco
- Alumni of the College of San Mateo ADN Program or City College of San Francisco may apply on a space available basis
- Both the School of Nursing supplemental application, and the University application must be submitted for those applicants who are not already SF State students. The maximum number of units transferable from a junior college is 70
- Nursing prerequisite GPA must be 3.0 or higher at the time of School of Nursing supplemental application
- Must be a California resident or be eligible for in-state tuition
- Must complete all prerequisite courses below with a minimum grade of C.
SF State Course Number
|Human Anatomy with Lab||BIOL 220 (4 semester units)|
|Human Physiology with Lab||BIOL 212/ 213 (4 semester units)|
|*Survey of Chemistry with Lab||CHEM 101/ 102 (4 semester units)|
|General Microbiology with Lab||BIOL 210/ 211 (4 semester units)|
|Written Communication||(Please refer to SF State Bulletin)|
|Oral Communication||(Please refer to SF State Bulletin)|
|Critical Thinking||(Please refer to SF State Bulletin)|
|Statistics*||Math 124 (3 semester units)|
*SF State Metro students can use AU 116/117 to satisfy the statistic prerequisite
Please consult Assist to determine comparable or articulated coursework taken at California community colleges or CSUs.
Transfer students can transfer a maximum of 70 units from the community college. This program allows for the additional 20 units that result from passing the NCLEX for a total of 90 units.