This Program is in the process to change name to Accelerated BSN Program and is expected to start in Summer 2019. Details will follow soon.
Step One: Submit Application to San Francisco State University via Cal State Apply
Second Baccalaureate Applicants
Prospective students who have a previous bachelor's degree must apply for second baccalaureate status through the SF State Division of Graduate Studies by submitting a Cal State Apply graduate application. The program of interest/major selection must be: "Nursing (SEQUOIA) [Second Baccalaureate]".
Submit an application for admission to undergraduate studies through Cal State Apply. Complete details concerning this portion of the process is available on the Future Students section of the SF State web site. The program of interest of interest/major selection must be: "Nursing (SEQUOIA) [BS-IMPACTED]"
Current SF State Students
A Cal State Apply application is not needed for current SF State students. However students who have not enrolled in SF State classes for two or more full semesters must re-apply admission to the university via Cal State Apply. The program of interest/major selection must be the appropriate first or second baccalaureate option as indicated above.
Step Two: Submit School of Nursing Supplemental Application - (All applicants)
- The following materials or requirements must be submitted through NursingCAS by the supplemental application deadline:
- Prerequisite course information
- Official transcripts from each college or community college attended. For Fall 2017 entry: Request/submit in January 2017 to include Fall 2016 grades (if necessary)
- Letter of verification for veteran or active duty military status, health related and/or multi-cultural work or volunteer experiences (optional)
- Live or work in Sequoia Healthcare District evidence (optional). The following towns are in the district: Atherton, Belmont, Menlo Park, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Carlos, and Woodside
- Completed at least half the nursing prerequisites within the San Mateo Community College District (optional). The following schools comprise the district: Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline College
- Page 1 of the TEAS Individual Performance Profile (test results)
Frequently asked questions about the 2016-2017 supplemental application/NursingCAS, including the Re-applicant feature, are available here.
ATI TEAS transcript (this is in addition to the TEAS results submitted thorugh NursingCAS).
- SF State/Sequoia BSN applicants must request electronic TEAS transcripts to be sent to: "San Francisco State U Cañada"
- BSN on-campus applicants must request electronic TEAS transcripts to be send to: "San Francisco State University"
The SF State/Sequoia Baccalaureate Nursing program is a School of Nursing program jointly administered by the SF State College of Extended Learning Special Sessions department.
- All classes are taught by School of Nursing faculty
- All students are assigned a School of Nursing faculty advisor
- Tuition is $500 per unit for the 56 unit program
- Students register and pay for classes via the College of Extended Learning